Friday, September 11, 2009

Walgreens trip--Round two

I went to Walgreens on Monday to get a few things, but only a couple of the RR deals were stocked in my store (there are some pesky ladies in my town that shop 8am Sunday morning and take EVERYTHING...so for those of us who dont shop on the Sabbath day are left with nothing until they *hopefully* get a new shipment on Fridays)
Anyway, I am going back for round two tonight and thought I'd share my transaction scenario's with you in case you too are catching the Walgreens bug!

(My scenerio includes a more pricey OOP than normal...we are in desperate need of a Brita filter system because our water here is TERRIBLE and we're spending about $20 a month in gallon-jugs of purified water--the transactions are easily modified, just take out the Brita order if thats not something you need)

Transaction #1
Crest Whitening Plus Scope 6oz toothpaste
2/$7
(2) 75 cents off coupons from 8/30 paper (I've read that some people have $1 coupons from that paper, but mine didn't have that....)
00P=$5.50
Earn $5 RR

Transaction #2
Brita Filter
$14.99
$5 off coupon (sign up here to recieve printable coupon)
Use $5 RR from Transaction #1
OOP= $5
Earn $3 RR

Transaction #3
Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner
$9.99
$5 off coupon (print it from here)
Use $3 RR from Transaction #2
OOP= $2
Earn $3 RR

Transaction #4
Carefree 16 count pads (this is a monthly RR) I've used up all my carefree $ 1 off coupons but you can get them online or from your 8/30 newspaper
$1.99
OOP=$1.99
Earn $2 RR

Transaction #5
Crest with Scope toothpaste
2/$7
(2) 50 cents off coupons from 8/30 paper
Use $3 RR from transaction #3 and $2 RR from Transaction #4
OOP=$1
Earn $5 RR

Transaction #6
Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner
$10
$5 off coupon (you can print it twice from the link posted above)
Use $5 RR from transaction #5
OOP=Free!
Earn $3 RR

(you could always save the RR to use it to start off next's week's deals...or do what I'm doing and build up your water supply for foodstorage)
Use $3 RR
OOP=Free!

Walgreens 24 pk bottled water is on sale for $2.99 with in-ad coupon!

My total OOP this week is higher (as I mentioned before) but it's $15.50 (without the cost of the few filler items i'll need for a few transactions) but thats the cost of the Brita system without coupons or register deals....so I'm looking at it as getting everything else for Free!

Earlier in the week I purchased the Windex Outdoor All-in-one cleaning kit ($9.99 get back $3 RR) and used this $3 off coupon...just in case you need one!
(Print it from RedPlum here)

PS--This weeks newspaper is going to have 5 coupon inserts!!!! Make sure to pick up a Sunday paper saturday night!! :)

0 comments: