Thursday, June 26, 2008
1. Pay the price for strength and progress in the challenging role of wife and mother by taking time for daily scripture reading and prayer.
2. Do a quick "Priorities-Check-Up". Ask yourself if you are making timein your life for the things you value most.
3. Work with your own mood swings and energy levels.
4. Have a system for accomplishing your housekeeping tasks. A plan, time-limits, and an established routine can help you use your time more effectively.
5. Make routine work pleasant by listening to tapes, memorizing, planning, or meditating while you do chores which take little concentration.
6. Schedule an "island of time" for yourself each day and watch your morale improve(blogging!!)
7. Share your interests with your children. If you write poetry,read and discuss it with them; if you paint, let them watch and imitate you.
8. Give your best to your family by doing your best for yourself. (developing your own interests and taking care of your appearance..etc.)
9. Try new ways to show your husband love and support. Pray for him in family prayers, tell the children (in his presence) how grateful you are for their special father, or plan a special program to honor him.
10. Keep an "eternal perspective", remembering that if you trust in the Lord, do your work well, and put first things first-"the best is yet to come!"
To parents, with love pg 43-44
Posted by Kelly Tillotson at 12:36 PM